While a getaway to California is a great vacation destination year-round, some argue that the best time to visit Napa Valley is during the autumn months. The heat and crowds of summer have dissipated, and the valley’s winemakers are gearing up for the grape harvest. Starting in late August and running through early November, the vineyards and wineries are abuzz with activity as the rush to pick the fruit at its peak ripeness begins.
Fall is also the best time to visit Napa Valley for all of the exciting and fun harvest parties and celebrations at local wineries and tasting rooms. Before you start booking those events, you’ll want to get your lodging situated, and our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast is the ideal place for a romantic getaway or a friend’s trip. More importantly, when you stay at the Candlelight Inn, your accommodations become a big part of your vacation instead of just a place to keep your bags and rest at night like a standard hotel room.
You’ll love our spacious and unique guest suites, the shared spaces of the Inn, the pristine outdoor pool area surrounded by garden grounds, and the delicious homemade breakfast each morning. We offer concierge services around the clock to attend to our guest’s needs, and we are always happy to make reservations or provide recommendations for you during your stay.
The Best Time to Visit Napa Valley: Autumn Harvest
Harvest season in the Napa Valley is such a memorable and unique experience. A long and involved process goes into creating each vintage of wine, and it requires a strong dedication and teamwork from farmworkers and winemakers year-round. In the fall, the vineyards come to life as the perfectly ripe grapes are picked from the vine and begin the process from farm to bottle. During Autumn, it just feels like there’s something in the air, including the lovely scents of grape harvest overtaking the valley.
It’s also the best time to visit Napa Valley to experience one-of-a-kind events, elegant dinners, and raucous parties. Whether you’re taking your shoes off to participate in stomp or sitting down for a beautifully prepared meal with thoughtful wine pairings, you’ll just love the options to fill your time. Many local wineries offer special tours and tastings during this time as well—here’s a list of a handful of our favorite Napa wineries to check out!
Harvest Events Not to Miss During the Best Time to Visit Napa Valley:
- Chandon Harvest Weekend Celebration: For 2022, this harvest weekend will be dedicated to celebrating the female winemakers at Chandon. Enjoy premier tastings and food pairings at this beautiful stalwart winery, most known for its sparkling varietals.
- Kathryn HALL Harvest Celebration: One of our favorite Napa wineries, the winemakers at HALL Wines, will be popping open the 2019 vintage of their flagship wine for this event.
- Calistoga Harvest Table: Book your spot for the thousand-foot table set up on the main street in the charming downtown Calistoga. This celebration showcases dishes from 13 talented local chefs and the best wine pairings.
- Harvest Ball at V. Sattui Winery: Get dressed up to the nines for one of the biggest parties in Napa. Sip sparkling wine as you tour the estate, and enjoy a meal from Michelin star chef Stefano Masanti, paired with the top-tier wines from the V. Sattui portfolio.
- Conn Creek Winery 2022 Great Grape Stomp: Fall is by far the best time to visit Napa Valley for those who want to participate in the winemaking process. Out along the scenic Silverado Trail, this Napa winery is ready for you to jump into the fun. Slip your shoes off, step into a barrel, and get your stomp on.
Romantic Lodging for your Napa Valley Getaway
As you decide when the best time to visit Napa Valley is for you, our elegant California Bed and Breakfast is a perfect place to stay all year long. Our romantic guest suites offer things like comfortable four-poster king-size beds, in-room double jetted tubs, cozy gas fireplaces with seating, and outdoor areas to enjoy our garden grounds and the fresh air of the valley. Join us for our complimentary breakfast each morning with brewed coffee, farm-fresh produce, local ingredients, and sweet treats. You’ll quickly see why our guests return time and again.