For many of us, it’s hard to believe that the holidays are already here. Next week, people around the country will gather at their Thanksgiving tables, and before you know it the sights, sounds, and smells of another holiday season in Napa will be upon us. Whether you plan to visit family in the area or just want to carve out a little time for a magical getaway this winter, there’s no better time than now to plan in some Christmas-themed fun. Stay with us at the Candlelight Inn Bed and Breakfast, and experience for yourself the magical wonder of Christmas in Napa.
The Holidays in Downtown Napa
Now that Thanksgiving is nearly upon us, it’s time to get busy planning our busy holiday schedules. Make sure you carve out time for you and your family to enjoy the special magic of the holidays, too. To help get you in the Christmas spirit while you’re here in Napa, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite festive events happening in Downtown Napa this year:
- Nov 19 – Dec 29: Hop aboard the Santa Train, a musical and interactive journey to Santa’s Workshop aboard the exquisite Napa Valley Wine Train.
- Nov 23: Join the Napa community in Veterans Park for the annual lighting of the 29′ Christmas tree.
- Nov 26: Take part in the 54th annual Christmas Parade through Napa. The theme this year is “Bright Lights, Christmas Delights.”
- Dec 2 – 24: Ride the Holiday Trolley every weekend in December. The Christmas-themed trolley is free and runs through downtown Napa playing holiday music. It stops at the Oxbow Public Market, the Historic Napa Mill, First & School Street, and Main and Pearl Streets. It’s a festive, fun, and easy way to navigate Napa during the busy holidays.
- Dec 3: Each year the Lighted Boat Parade makes its way from Napa Valley Yacht Club, spreading holiday cheer as it travels along Napa’s Riverfront Promenade.
- Dec 4: Have you ever heard 50 tubas playing Christmas music together? Now’s your chance! Head to Tuba Christmas at Veterans Park in Downtown Napa.
- Dec 8 -22: On Thursdays in December, enjoy the magic of a carriage ride through Downtown Napa, checking out the town’s holiday lights as you go.
Holiday Events in Napa Valley
Our Inn is conveniently located just minutes from downtown Napa, giving you no real reason to travel beyond this charming, sophisticated town. However, there are also plenty of other ways to celebrate the holidays throughout Napa Valley. Popular events worthy of your time include:
- Nov 25: The 28th annual Festival of Lights in Yountville, which includes gourmet food and wine tastings, joyful music, romantic carriage rides, and a tree and town lighting.
- Dec 3: The Calistoga Lighted Tractor Parade; a proud display of the town’s agricultural heritage.
- Dec 11: Symphony Napa Valley will be performing Holidays in Vienna, which will include holiday favorites like Nutcracker, Messiah, Blue Danube, as well as traditional carols.
- Dec 11: The Tenth Annual Hanukkah Hootenanny will be held at Judd’s Hill Winery.
- Dec 17 – 18: The Napa Regional Dance Company will be performing their rendition of the holiday classic, The Nutcracker.
No matter what it is that brings you here over the holidays, know that you have the romantic Candlelight Inn to call home for the duration of your stay. We pride ourselves on our warm hospitality and exceptional service. Book your stay with us today!