Wine tasting in Napa Valley is undeniably one of the best ways to spend an afternoon. Luckily, our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast is right in the heart of where the fun begins. We’re only about 10 minutes away from more than 100 wineries! This year still looks a little bit different than traditional years, but many of our favorite wineries are offering tastings in safe, outdoor, and socially distanced environments. Most tastings are offered by appointment only, which better serves for a perfectly planned day of hopping from one winery to the next.
For starters, the weather in Napa, checking in at around a lovely 60 degrees in winter, can’t be beaten in terms of outdoor areas. Take in the fantastic views of rolling vineyards while wine tasting and swirling that vino in the company of your closest friends and family. First things first, book your room at our Napa Bed and Breakfast.
Plan a Delightful Day of Wine Tasting in Napa Valley 2021
An adventurous day of wine tasting in Napa Valley is best begun at our historic and intimate Napa Valley Inn. You’ll start your morning in one of our elegant guest rooms enrobed in Comphy Brand linens. Slip into a fluffy robe for a morning of relaxation, which is best paired with a hot cup of coffee or even a mimosa if you prefer. Next up, our gourmet breakfast. You can ask to have it brought up to your room or enjoyed in our socially-distanced dining room. Either way, our house-made selections from frittata to french toast will be the fuel you want to start off your wine tasting in Napa tour the right way.
Then we’d love to help you plan your day of wine tasting in Napa Valley. At the Candlelight Inn, we have all of the insider knowledge you’ll need to make the most of your wine tasting in Napa experience a success. We even offer some thoughtfully curated Napa Valley wine tasting packages. Here’s a list of just a handful of classic spots you won’t want to miss:
- Spring Mountain Vineyard: Spring Mountain Vineyard has been described by Wine Spectator as one of the most picturesque places in all of Napa. This historical estate in St.Helena was established in the 1880s. Their property and buildings are phenomenal. One of their buildings was the location for the filming of the TV show Falcon Crest! They offer an Estate Tasting, Library Vertical Tasting, and their special Explore Elivette Tasting. Their Cabernet Sauvignons, Blends, and Sauvignon Blancs are incredible (even served at the White House). Lovely place!
- Donum Estate: If you like sculptures, you will love this 200-acre estate. The owners have purchased and installed magnificent sculptures by world-renowned artists such as Ai Weiwei, Keith Haring, Doug Aitkin, and Subodh Gupta. Their tasting experiences include the Carneros Experience, the Discover Experience, and the Explore Experience. The Explore Experience is a two-hour in-depth exploration of the wine, land, and art via all-terrain vehicle. The food bites are delicious. They are known for their estate-grown Pinot Noir wines, but also have a lovely Chardonnay. The estate is fifteen minutes from the inn.
- Laird: Right up Highway 29 you will find the pyramid structure that is Laird. Laird owns thousands of acres of vineyards and grows grapes for many of the valley’s wineries. They offer a Bottle & Blanket Experience where you can purchase a bottle of wine, borrow a picnic blanket and enjoy a picnic in the vineyards by yourselves. There are four additional tastings offered on their outdoor patios including one with yummy cheese and charcuterie.
- Palmaz Vineyards: This spectacular winery produces Cabernet, Chardonnay, Riesling, Muscat, and Rose. They also make olive oil and have 100% grass-fed prime Wagyu available with a Ranch Membership. The Palmaz family property is built into an 18-story cavern in Mount George in the Coombsville AVA. Their gravity-flow filtration process and caves are extraordinary. The food served in their tasting is amazing. The wine education provided here is fantastic.
- Hall Napa Valley: Hall offers tastings both in St. Helena and Rutherford. They offer numerous tasting choices from a $40 HALLmark Tour to a $1000/couple Private Salon Tasting and Lunch. Their varietal offerings are Cabernet, Merlot, and Sauvignon Blanc. Hall is a classic in the valley with their signature 35-foot-tall Bunny Foo Foo marking their property along Highway 29 in St. Helena.
- Alpha Omega Winery: Located in Rutherford and known for its landmark water fountains and reflecting pool, tasting at this property in St. Helena is relaxing and highly informative. The wine educators are wonderful. Their wine accolades are primarily from their Cabernet Sauvignon, but they also bottle Proprietary Reds and Chardonnay. Private Single Vineyard Tasting, Signature Selections Flight Tasting and a Curated Selections Flight are all available by reservation.
- Round Pond: This spectacular winery is reached via a palm tree-lined road in Rutherford. Their wines are highly sought-after and respected. They are an ultra-premium Cabernet Sauvignon producer and their tastings include amazing bites served on a second story deck that overlooks their vineyards. Round Pond also has constructed an olive oil press to make world-class olive oils. The olive oil tasting experience is not to be missed. There are nine different wine-tasting experiences featured on their website.
- Artesa: This winery’s owners are from Spain. The name Artesa means “handcrafted” in Catalan. This beautiful winery straddles the regions of Los Carneros and Mount Veeder. They have 150 acres of grapes including Albarino, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo, and Cabernet Sauvignon. The winery was designed in 1991 to blend seamlessly with the surrounding landscape. This location has breathtaking panoramic views of the Napa Valley. Artesa offers seated outdoor tastings and additionally offers the Tapas Tasting (which is quite delicious).
- Kieu Hoang: This lovely property was previously the Michael Mondavi Family Estate. The brand was founded in 2012 by Mr. Kieu Hoang who arrived in the USA in the 1970s from Vietnam. They have beautifully unique wine labels and bottle shapes. Besides this property in the Carneros region, they also own a vineyard in the Spring Mountain AVA. They bottle predominantly Cabernet Sauvignons and Red Blend wines.
- Provenance Vineyards: This beautiful vineyard features Cabernet, Merlot, and Sauvignon Blanc. The winery is located in St. Helena but the vineyards they pick from are in Howell Mountain, Carneros, Yountville, Diamond Mountain, and Rutherford. The amazing mural on the front of their winery was done by San Francisco-based artist Heather Day in 2018. Enjoy!
We Love Wine as Much as You Do at Our Napa Valley Inn
Our classic Napa Bed and Breakfast is exactly where you want to start and end your day of wine tasting in Napa Valley. And our love of Napa Valley wine continues with some nice selections available to you here at the Inn. Have a glass in front of our cozy fireplace or in the privacy of your guest suite.
Let us take care of you with our warm hospitality, homemade breakfasts, and cozy guest suites. Our proximity to downtown is unparalleled and has you within minutes of romantic restaurants, tasting rooms, and nightlife. For those who prefer to stay in and relax, an afternoon by the pool or a leisurely stroll around our historic grounds does just the trick. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and only the first of many visits in the future. Book your next amazing vacation at our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast today!