One of the most exciting times to visit the Napa Valley is during harvest, when the grapes have ripened and the picking begins. There’s a handful of Napa harvest events that we look forward to all year long. It’s truly a time of celebration, especially this year, since most of the Napa harvest events of 2020 had to be postponed. We have a feeling that it’s going to be one big party to make up for lost time!
For those who aren’t familiar with the process of growing grapes and making wine, harvest begins in late summer when sparkling grape varietals are picked first, then onto the white grapes, and later in the autumn months for the red varieties. These are the proper timeframes for when the fruit has had enough time on the vine to ripen. Up next is the “crush” process where grapes turn to juice, then onto barrels and tanks. Then let the aging begin!
At our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast, we’re all about wine, especially California wine. So don’t be surprised if you see us along side you at these Napa harvest events. Please allow our welcoming staff to aid you in planning your time here, be that recommendations, directions, or reservations. We’re always more than happy to help.
Start planning ahead to the next Napa harvest events of 2021 and book your stay with us today!
Plan to Attend these Exciting Napa Harvest Events This Fall
During this time, there’s an excitement in the air, as well as the sweet, fruity aroma the permeates the valley. With around 500 wineries in this area, that’s a lot of grapes coming off the vines. The coming of fall signals the race to collect the fruit at their peak ripeness, ultimately creating these amazing wines we are known for. As a visitor to Valley, autumn can be the prime time for Napa harvest events including fancy wine dinners, special tastings, and all out fantastic parties.
Here are eight of our favorite Napa harvest events not to miss this year:
- Kathryn Hall Harvest Celebration with Hall Wines: This annual Napa harvest event includes a VIP vertical tasting and party on the great lawn. Food is provided by Tre Posti and enjoy live music from San Francisco based band Pop Fiction. The theme is “celebrate the year you missed” with the release of their 2018 vintage flagship wine.
- Harvest Ball with V. Sattui: It’s the 36th year of this bacchanal with exciting entertainment, a feast from Michelin Star chef Stefano Masanti, and of course, a selection of wine from the collection of V. Sattui, including large format bottles and their highest rated Cabernet.
- Rutherford Hill Barn Bash: For the 8th year, these stalwart winemakers are throwing a harvest party filled with amazing wine releases paired with authentic barbecue fare. Take in the glorious views from the hill and live music for dancing the night away.
- Cakebread Cellars Family Harvest Festival: Head to this winery in Rutherford for some wholesome harvest fun. There will be light bites and wine pairings for the adults.
- Harvest Dinner at Migration: At the end of August, welcome fall with winemaker Dana Epperson in this brand new tasting room. Migration Chardonnay and Pinot Noir will be paired with thoughtfully prepared modern Mexican cuisine.
- Adventure Napa Valley Harvest Experience: If you’re truly looking for an immersive Napa harvest experience, the Napa Valley Wine Academy offers a 3-day course filled with field trips to the vineyards, guided tours with winemakers, gourmet lunches, and hands on involvement in the harvest and crush processes.
- Harvest Fair Virtual Event with Alpha Omega: While this winery is still not offering Napa harvest events in person, this virtual event could be an intimate way to enjoy the 2019 Cab Sauvignon and Cab Franc releases from the comfort of your own guest suite.
- Carnivus Maximus with Crocker and Starr: Join this St. Helena winery for their 25th annual Napa harvest event with wines from the cellar and newly released 2018 vintages. Indulge in an impressive line-up of cuisines from some of the best and brightest local culinary stars.
The Best Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast for a Getaway
While the Napa Valley is bustling in the fall with Napa harvest events and the excitement of the new crops heading to crush, you’ll find that our elegant Inn is as tranquil as ever. Allow our quiet space to be your retreat from the wine tasting dinners, concerts, and big celebrations. Enjoy those outings and then head back to fully relax and reset for the next day of adventure.
Each of our beautifully appointed guest suites are unique and comfortable. Our knowledgeable concierge is always available to help you schedule reservations, wine tours, and other favorite Napa Valley activities. You’ll also have the option for in-room couples massage to add that extra special touch to make your vacation the best it can be.
Join us this fall for harvest in the valley and book your room today!