Oxbow Public Market has been a mainstay for shopping and dining in downtown Napa since 2007. Since its opening, the market has evolved into a community gathering space that celebrates the bounty of the Napa Valley’s harvest, products, and purveyors. Oxbow Public Market is truly a one-stop shop—it’s not just anywhere that you can have a glass of bubbly and oysters on the half shell before stocking up your pantry with local goods and produce.
The airy and spacious 40,000 square-foot marketplace is home to 22 merchants, each independently owned and operated. Visitors will find a large deck with seating overlooking the Napa River, as well as indoor spots and bar service at many of the restaurants. Wood-fired pizza, creative burgers, charcuterie and cheese boards, tacos, and ice cream are just the beginning of the culinary choices here at Oxbow Public Market.
Our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast is only two miles from Oxbow Public Market and the other exciting attractions of the downtown area. The location of our elegant Inn puts you nearby all of the best there is to do in Napa, but you’re set back on our peaceful grounds surrounded by a grove of Redwoods and our lush, manicured gardens. We’re honored to be recognized by previous guests as one of the highest-rated bed and breakfasts in the Napa Valley year after year.
Great Finds at the Oxbow Public Market in Napa Valley
There are so many great things to discover at Oxbow Public Market that guests often make more than one trip on their getaways in Napa. Whether you’re planning for a special picnic, shopping for souvenirs, or looking for lunch, the Market is the perfect spot to do it all.
Here are some of our favorite things to check out at Oxbow Public Market:
- Oxbow Cheese and Wine Merchant: For a varied selection of imported and local cheeses and wine, you’ll find so many delightful options at this vendor. Find a seat at the wine bar for flights, charcuterie and cheese boards, and a chat with the knowledgable staff behind the counter.
- Napa Valley Distillery: This micro-distillery produces small-batch spirits with a local twist. Their flagship creation is the Napa Vodka Vintage Reserve, made completely from single vintage Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc grapes. Also be sure to check out their selection of bitters, some of which are very hard to find elsewhere in the US.
- Hog Island Oyster Bar: Belly up at the oyster bar to watch master shuckers at work, serving bivalves on the half shell from the company’s own farm in Tomales Bay. You’ll also find simple and flavorful chowders and entrees featuring sustainably caught seafood and local produce.
- Fieldwork Brewing: One of the most popular spots at Oxbow Public Market is this craft brewery based out of Berkeley CA. The tap list is ever-changing, but they generally have 10 or so beers on draft. Order a flight to really get a taste of their varied range of beer options.
- Kara’s Cupcakes: The modern pastry case at Kara’s holds beautiful confections and flavorful cupcakes for a sweet treat on your visit to Oxbow Public Market. Grab some cookies, homemade marshmallows, or extra cupcakes to enjoy later at our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast. Also check out Bar Lucia, their adjacent spot for a glass of bubbles or a light bite.
- The Olive Press: One of the perks of shopping at Oxbow Public Market is getting to sample products before you buy, and that’s just the model at the Olive Press. Taste through an array of their locally made olive oils (some infused), vinegars, tapenades, and other products.
- Napa Bookmine: Need a break from all that eating and drinking? Pop by this local book store for a selection of new titles and gift options. Be sure to check out the travel, culinary, and wine sections for some of the most pertinent reading to your time in Napa.
- Ritual Coffee Roasters: Possibly the very best first stop at Oxbow Public Market to get you ready for a local shopping spree, head to this coffee counter for a perfect latte or espresso to put some pep in your step.
- Hudson Greens and Goods: For locally grown fruit and veggies, Hudson Vineyards Wine, fresh-cut flowers, and household items this purveyor is a great stop. They also have a recently expanded juice bar for a healthy pick-me-up and a selection of lighter grab-and-go items.
- Eiko’s at Oxbow: Part sushi bar, part Japanese marketplace, Eiko’s shouldn’t be missed. Stop in for sushi rolls, sashimi, and a large selection of Japanese beer and sake.
While Oxbow Public Market is open daily from 7:30 to 9 pm, it’s best to check each merchant’s hours here before planning your outing. As always, allow our concierge service at the Candlelight Inn to help with any questions or tips.
Elegant Lodging at our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast
While you could definitely spend multiple hours at Oxbow Public Market, as a guest at our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be excited to get back to your suite to relax or hit our private pool while the last warm afternoons of fall are upon us. We love to create a convivial atmosphere here at the Inn, you’ll often see other guests playing lawn games or wine tasting on the back patio.
Our 11 guest suites are all unique and exude romance and serenity that you won’t find at larger hotel chains. For example, the Vista View Room (pictured above) has a private balcony with a stunning view of Walnut and Pine trees. Enjoy the warmth from the gas fireplace from your king-size bed or double spa soaking tub. It really doesn’t get much better than this! Book your next stay in the Napa Valley today.