One of our favorite wine tasting experiences in Napa is found at Caldwell Vineyard. This premier California winery is located in the Coombsville AVA, which is the southernmost appellation of the Napa Valley. The Caldwell Vineyard’s 123-acre estate sits six hundred feet above the valley floor with steep hillsides, rolling meadows of oak, and rows of vines.
Another reason to visit Caldwell Vineyard is the intriguing back story. The owner Jack Caldwell has become synonymous with winemaking in Napa—he’s also often referred to as one of the most charming gentlemen you’ll encounter. On a tasting and tour here, you’ll hear the entire tale of the beginnings of the vineyard, but (spoiler alert) it involves vine smuggling from France across the US/Canadian border.
As a guest at our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be less than 15 minutes from the Caldwell Vineyard (as well as nearby to hundreds of other popular Napa wineries). Our elegant English Tudor-style Inn sits on a pretty parcel of land with stunning gardens, a peaceful outdoor pool, and lovely seating areas for enjoying a glass of wine in the sunshine. Inside, the guest rooms have every amenity one could want to relax and unwind.
Caldwell Vineyard & More Napa Wineries
There’s no shortage of impressive stops in Napa for wine tasting, vineyard, cave, and barrel room tours, and culinary experiences. With the Candlelight Inn as your home base, you’ll feel refreshed and ready to explore all the best adventures in Napa.
Here are five Napa wineries to check out during your time here:
- Caldwell Vineyard: The wine tasting experience here is by appointment only and takes place almost entirely inside the underground tasting room carved in solid rock. The wine caves create one of the most unique atmospheres in which to sip and swirl some of this delicious California Cabernet.
- Round Pond: Reach this spectacular winery via a palm tree-lined road in Rutherford. Their wines are highly sought-after and respected. They are known for their ultra-premium Cabernet Sauvignon, and the tastings are paired with tasty small plates, all served on the second-story deck overlooking the vines.
- Alpha Omega: Located in Rutherford and known for its landmark water fountains and reflecting pool, tasting at this property in St. Helena is highly informative and exciting. The wine educators are lovely. Their wine accolades are primarily from Cabernet Sauvignon, but they also bottle proprietary red blends and Chardonnay.
- Ashes and Diamonds: This winery is still considered a bit of a newcomer to the Napa wine scene. The mid-century modern design and open-air seating area set the mood for a relaxed afternoon in the sunshine. They offer various tasting packages, including picnic-style choices with casual family-style food pairings.
- Ram’s Gate Winery: Head to this Sonoma winery for casual outdoor wine tastings, guided flights and tours, and seasonal food offerings. The five-course wine and culinary pairings dinner option never disappoints!
As always, allow our knowledgeable concierge to make reservations or offer thoughts for your wine tasting adventures in Napa Valley!
Join us at the Best B&B in Napa Valley
When you’re a guest at our boutique bed and breakfast, you won’t have to go far for gourmet dining experiences, unique and local shopping, and fine California wine. Tasting rooms at fantastic wineries like Caldwell Vineyard is just the beginning of the fun.
From the minute you arrive at our Inn, you’ll notice our attention to detail, from the manicured gardens and lawns to our pristine guest rooms and common areas. This atmosphere will continue throughout your stay in the gourmet multi-course breakfast with fresh and organic produce, hot coffee, and baked treats—including some of the best hospitality in the Valley. See all that Napa Valley offers, and plan your next vacation with us!