Of course, there’s something special about heading out to the vineyards for wine tasting in the Valley, but there’s also a host of downtown Napa wineries to visit during your time here. In most cases, you’ll find that the downtown tasting rooms are within walking distance, and it’s a fun way to explore, shop, and taste some fantastic California wines. You may even choose to head downtown more than once during your stay.
For those planning on visiting Napa Valley sometime soon, the best lodging choice is the Candlelight Inn Bed and Breakfast. We’re a small boutique-style Inn offering lovely morning meals, elegant and spacious guest suites, and beautiful garden grounds to enjoy the sunshine. Spend your mornings or afternoons lounging by the pool. Or, better yet, after a wine tasting excursion in the vineyards or the nearby downtown area of Napa. Be sure to look at our add-on packages, including wine tours, massages, and enhancements, to make your stay the absolute best.
The Best Downtown Napa Wineries for Tastings
There are so many things to do in this area of the Valley, and tasting at these downtown Napa wineries should especially be on your itinerary. While downtown, you’ll also be able to hit the adorable locally owned boutiques and scope out the best restaurants for lunch and dinner.
Here are six downtown Napa wineries to check out during your stay:
- Acumen Wine Gallery: In the heart of downtown, this tasting room offers a few different tasting experiences, including a flight of four current release wines. Check out the Champagne room or the Acumen Table for an immersive look into their wine portfolio.
- Brown Downtown Napa: Perhaps best known for its lush and full zinfandel, this tasting room downtown is welcoming with warm blue walls, beautiful art pieces, and lovely cheese pairings. As the first and only Black-owned winery in the Napa Valley, support this family-owned operation heading into its third decade of producing elegantly bold wines. Reservations are required.
- JaM Cellars: This is one of the downtown Napa wineries pairing its wine with live music in their cozy and eclectic tasting room. Reservations are recommended for indoor or outdoor patio seating to try their big, buttery Chardonnays and classic bold reds.
- Krupp Brothers Tasting Room: Just next door to the ever-popular Oxbow Public Market, this local spot is the perfect place to sit back with a flight, glass of wine, or share a bottle with friends.
- Mayacamas Downtown: Head to this industrial-chic tasting room for current vintage, red wine, or library flights led by one of their knowledgable wine ambassadors. Reservations are required.
- Vineyard 29 Tasting Room: Located on the famed First Street in downtown Napa, take in the modern glamour of this elegant tasting room with comfortable emerald green couches and lounge away your afternoon. Graze on tasty snacks while enjoying a curated flight of big, bold California wines.
As always, allow our helpful 24/7 concierge to help with reservations at these downtown Napa wineries.
Enjoy the Pool and Shade at our Elegant Napa B&B
One of the highlights of staying at our Napa Bed and Breakfast is our spectacular outdoor backyard, fully equipped with our refreshing pool, pergola area for shade and comfy patio furniture, and rolling green lawns for yard games and leisurely strolls. It’s truly an oasis of calm; you’ll forget that you are less than ten minutes from all the hustle and bustle of downtown Napa. You’ll love to take your homemade breakfast out back in the morning to dine al fresco. After you’re full and ready for your adventures, head to the downtown Napa wineries to taste a fine example of what these fantastic winemakers are producing in the Valley.