Wine tasting in Napa is still happening, even amid current COVID-19 restrictions in California. They just have a different look., with appointment-only visits, small groups, and limited seatings. But, as any true wine lover knows, wine, like love, conquers all. So, in the spirit of healing and resilience, let’s look at how you can continue to explore your love of Napa wine in future visits over the course of 2021!
Any day of wine tasting in Napa should begin and end at our intimate, romantic Napa Bed and Breakfast. You’ll start each day after a comfortable night’s sleep in one of our 10 luxurious guest rooms (or private cottage) with a delicious breakfast that can equally accommodate light and hearty appetites. And you’ll be able to wind down after a day of palate pleasures with — what else? — a glass of wine by the side of our pool or while strolling through our gardens.
And, of course, our Napa Bed and Breakfast adheres to the highest standards of sanitized cleanliness, and you can be assured that we have your safety as well as your happy visitor experience uppermost in our minds while you’re wine tasting in Napa. So make your plans for a Napa winter wine-tasting getaway — and start by booking your room at our Napa Bed and Breakfast today!
How to Enjoy Wine Tasting in Napa This Winter
One of the silver linings to the current challenges for wine tasting in Napa is that many tasting rooms have actually expanded their available seating by creating distanced outdoor space. And winters are mild in the Napa Valley, with temperatures often in the sixties, so tasting is not only more scenic and safer but every bit as enjoyable. Here’s a guide to how tasting rooms are adapting.
Here’s a look at what’s happening at some of Napa’s top tasting rooms (and keep in mind that their statuses are fluid and you should check websites for the most current information), and how you can safely enjoy wine tasting in Napa:
- Oxbow Cheese & Wine Merchant. The indoor wine bar at the Oxbow Public Market is temporarily closed, but outdoor dining, curbside pickup, and retail activities are in full swing. It’s the perfect place to stop during your wine tasting in Napa when you’re ready to nibble on cheese or charcuterie while you taste.
- CRU Tasting Lounge. Located at the annex next to the Oxbow Public Market, this casual comfortable space is offering flight tastings by appointment only under a list of new protocols.
- Krupp Brothers. This tasting room is also Oxbow Public Market-adjacent. Bottles, flights, and glasses are available along with small bites, at limited seating capacity and by reservation only.
- Mark Herold Wines. Also located near the Oxbow Public Market, this tasting room features a delightfully funky vibe that matches its eclectic selection of wines. It’s operating at 25% capacity; reservations are required.
- Cadet Wine + Beer Bar. One of Napa’s top nightspots, this self-proclaimed “place for everyone” is closed for indoor service, but its patio is open, and alcohol can also be ordered through the online bottle shop.
- Brown Estate. Service at this downtown Napa tasting room is suspended, but follow its active Twitter and Instagram sites for updates on reopening plans. Brown Estate is regarded as one of Napa Valley’s top Zinfandel producers, and it will be worth a visit once it reopens.
- Vintner’s Collective. Located in Napa’s oldest building, this is a luxury tasting room for 18 of Napa’s most distinctive family-owned wineries. Outdoor-only tastings must be made by appointment.
- JaM Cellars. This lively downtown Napa nightspot, renowned for its turntable-driven music, is open for indoor seating on a limited basis, by reservation only. But for now, live music is restricted to virtual happy hours.
- Bounty Hunter Wine Bar & Smokin’ BBQ. Another trendy Napa nightspot, renowned for its extensive wine list and BBQ fare, especially its beer-can chicken. It’s open for outdoor dining, as well as takeout and delivery.
- Vintage Sweet Shoppe. There’s nothing like pairing the right chocolate with the right wine while wine tasting in Napa and this shop in the historic Napa Mill building downtown can meet any challenge. Outdoor seating only.
Stay at Our Napa B&B for Your Wine Tasting Tour
Our Napa Bed and Breakfast offers not only an unparalleled experience of total comfort and relaxation, but it does so in close proximity to as many wine-tasting opportunities as you could want from a visit. In fact, it’s just 10 minutes from more than 100 wineries — and yet, it’s the kind of amazing place where you can relax and leave the rest of the world behind. The perfect pairing while wine tasting in Napa!
But don’t take our word for it — we have more than 300 reviews on Google alone, with an average 4.9 rating. So when you make your plans for a wintertime adventure of wine tasting in Napa, start with the knowledge that those who came before you found our hospitality and amenities to be more than worth their while. And many of those guests come back again and again! What are you waiting for? Reserve your room at our Napa Bed and Breakfast today, and give yourself something to look forward to!