While some may argue that summer and fall are the best times to visit Napa tasting rooms and wineries, there’s something to be said about the quiet season of winter—fewer crowds, more intimate service, and there’s a leisurely feel to the Valley. This time of year is also considered cabernet sauvignon season, and as the slogan goes, Cab is King in Napa. The climate, soils, and growing season are best suited to this hearty red grape, and it accounts for about 40 percent of the vines here.
There are so many Napa tasting rooms pouring fantastic cabernet sauvignon, as well as other blends and varietals for your enjoyment. Many wineries offer romantic experiences with firelight, cozy candlelit rooms, and warm, inviting spaces in the cooler months. Cabernet sauvignon just so happens to be the perfect winter wine: full-bodied with luscious dark fruits and balanced tannins.
As a guest at our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in the perfect location to head out and explore the bounty of Napa tasting rooms and wineries right nearby. The Inn is located at the gateway to the Los Carneros wine region and in between California’s Sonoma and Napa Valley regions. You’ll be surrounded by beautiful vineyards to tour and wines to fill your glass. Book your next getaway to our Napa B&B and book today!
Napa Tasting Rooms to Visit this Cabernet Season
You’ve come to the right place to sip, swirl, and relax with your favorite glass of wine in the winter months. Here are a handful of our favorite Napa tasting rooms to explore on your next visit to California wine country:
- Artesa Vineyards: This is one of the Napa tasting rooms that stands out with its ultra-modern design built into a hillside. They offer four distinct tasting experiences, all with incredible vistas, service, and beautiful estate wines.
- Round Pond: You’ll approach this spectacular choice of Napa tasting rooms in Rutherford along a palm tree-lined drive for a tasting of their highly sought-after and respected wines. They are well known for their premium cabernet sauvignon, and the tastings paired with small bites take place on a second-story deck overlooking their vineyards.
- Palmaz Vineyards: We can’t think of a cozier place to taste Cabernet Sauvignon than in a subterranean wine cave! The private guided tour here takes you through the multi-level space and finishes with an elegant and informative sit-down tasting paired with light hors d’oeuvres.
- Pine Ridge Vineyards: This vineyard was included on Food & Wine’s list as one of the best 75 wineries to visit in Napa, which is saying something since there are more than 375 to choose from. During the winter months, book the Cellar 47 Wine Cave Experience for a tasting of five of their estate cabernet sauvignon, including the flagship wine FORTIS.
- Spring Mountain Vineyard: Wine Spectator describes this Napa tasting room as one of the most picturesque in all of the Valley with rose gardens, antique olive trees, and a garden greenhouse. The unique estate was established in the 1880s, creating wines modeled after the spectacular French producers. They offer four tasting options; the most special is the Elivette Tasting with older vintages to taste alongside one another.
- HALL Napa Valley: This winery has two locations for tasting experiences, both including their award-winning cabernet sauvignon vintages. Head to the St. Helena tasting room for a more rustic farm experience and the Rutherford Napa tasting room for the luxury, VIP treatment.
- Alpha Omega Winery: An epic water fountain display and reflecting pool greets you at this beautiful winery. You’ll find a more casual vibe at this St. Helena stop than at some other Napa tasting rooms. For a cabernet sauvignon-focused tasting, check out the single-vineyard flight of their highly acclaimed wines.
As always, please take advantage of our concierge service at our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast. We’re more than happy to make reservations at these Napa tasting rooms for you!
Luxurious Lodging for your Napa Valley Getaway
If you’re heading to the Napa Valley with romance in mind, be sure to consider the Garden View Room (pictured above). A pillow-top four-poster King size bed, private deck with views of the garden and pool, and a double whirlpool tub make it the best place to relax after a day exploring the cozy Napa tasting rooms and vineyards nearby.
For an elegant escape to California wine country, you’ll absolutely want to call our Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast your home away from home. Each of our eleven guest suites offers a spacious and romantic place to cozy up and enjoy the perfect glass of cabernet sauvignon. You’ll love our in-room fireplaces, jetted spa tubs, and high-end amenities for a unique and memorable getaway to the Napa Valley. Get a vacation on your calendar and book today!